3D industrial design is the process of creating three-dimensional models of products that can be used in manufacturing processes and visualization of the final product.
Types of 3D models in industrial design
There are several types of 3D models used in industrial design:
- Solid models are models created from three-dimensional figures and are the most accurate and realistic.
- Surface models are models created from surfaces and shells, and although they are less precise, they can be created faster.
- Solid models are models created from a combination of solid and surface models.
The Benefits of Industrial 3D Design
Industrial 3D design has many advantages:
- Speed up the design process and reduce product development time.
- The ability to create realistic models for product visualization and demonstration.
- The ability to quickly check the health of models and fix errors.
- Improve communication between designers and engineers during product development.
- Reduce production costs and reduce scrap.
WebGL and industrial 3D design
WebGL is a technology that allows you to create interactive 3D graphics in web browsers. It can be used in industrial design to create interactive product models that can be viewed and tested on any device with internet access.
Where industrial 3D design is used
Industrial 3D design can be used in a variety of industries, including:
- Automotive industry – for creating car parts, as well as developing prototypes and testing new concepts.
- Mechanical engineering – to create parts and equipment, as well as to design new mechanisms and machines.
- Architecture and construction – to create realistic models of buildings and structures, as well as to visualize structures and design interiors.
- Medical industry – to create prostheses, implants and other medical devices.
3D industrial design is an important technology that can speed up the product development process, improve the quality of models and reduce production costs. The use of 3D models can also improve communication between designers and engineers and help reduce time to correct errors. With the help of technologies such as WebGL, industrial 3D design becomes even more accessible and convenient for use in various industries.